It all started when an informal meeting was held at the residence of Dr. T. F. James on the evening of January 23rd, 1922. This meeting was held to discuss the formation of a Masonic Club with the ultimate intention of forming a Lodge of Masons in Lombard, Illinois. The Lombard Masonic Club was officially formed on February 15, 1922, its By-Laws were adopted and its Officers elected:
- President: Dr. T. F. James
- Vice President: Harry B. Davies
- Secretary: Harold P. Flint
- Treasurer: F. W. Robinson
The Masonic Club originally met in the Lombard Parish House of the First Congregational Church, but apparently problems were encountered. The records and correspondence at this time indicate that some Parish members were anxious to have the Club vacate their premises and the Club began seeking ways to obtain other quarters.
In November of 1922, the Club borrowed $800.00 from the Bank of Lombard to pay for the renovation of O’Connor Hall and accepted the lease for the 3rd floor of the O’Connor Building. The first meeting in these new quarters was held on December 11th, 1922. The Lombard Masonic Club and ultimately what became the Lombard Lodge met at this location through the month and year of February 1926. At this point it was decided to move to 9 North Main Street in Lombard, Illinois. O’Connor Hall was a renovated attic with a low ceiling and was noted as the hottest place on Earth during the summer and coldest in winter. Much of the business meeting time back then was taken up with plans for ventilation or heating the hall; as well as the installation of a fire escape.